Why not save a few pennies by making a lovely charm bracelet for Mom, or just relax and explore your creative side.
- A length of chain with medium to large links, a little longer than wrist size.
- A clasp for joining the bracelet ends (preferably same colour as the chain).
- Beads and charms in colours and designs of your choice.
- A small pair of jewellery pliers.
- Ringlets to attach charms to the chain (preferably in the same colour as the chain).
- Threaders for threading the beads (same colour as the ringlets).
These items can be found at your local craft shop or you could scrounge around and add your own creations - it's all about embracing your creative side and having some fun!
- Start by ensuring the chain is big enough to go around your wrist but not so big that it will fall off easily.
- Once you are happy with the length, attach the clasp pieces to either end of the chain - you should now be able to fasten the clasp and have a basic bracelet.
- Unfasten the bracelet and lay it flat - we will now start planning our design.
- Lay charms and beads alongside the bracelet until you are happy with the colours and placing of each piece.
- Thread the beads onto the threaders and twist the end to form a loop.
- Now attach each piece to a link in the chain using the ringlets.